Manage Equipment Assets and Costs for a Better Bottom Line
Discovering better ways to manage equipment assets is more important than ever. Leading contractors are finding quick return on investments by implementing a contemporary software solution that provides visibility to all profit centers. Managing cost and revenue on equipment is key to success in the competitive construction market and can have a noticeable impact on your bottom line. Fully integrated with other Viewpoint V6 Software® modules for single-step data-entry, Equipment Management is offered in two levels:
Level 1 - Provides basic location tracking and detailed cost and revenue reporting.
Level 2 - Provides a maintenance and work order sub-system for contractors with in- house maintenance and repair.
- Use single step data entry and updates with full integration to V6.
- Set-up flexible revenue rates for each piece of equipment.
- Easily track location for equipment movement.
- View monthly calculations of book depreciation with fixed asset schedules.
Following are the features of Equipment Management created to deliver equipment revenue and cost information to all profit centers from a single point of entry.
- Track key master file information including: license, registration, specifications, parts, category, ownership info, etc.
- Track detailed cost history for the life of the equipment - tune-ups, repair, body work, depreciation, etc.
- Optional component tracking (engines, transmissions, tires, etc.) system where components may be moved between pieces of equipment with history maintained.
- Track all equipment moves and view full transfer history on transfer screen.
- View monthly calculations of book depreciation for warranty tracking based on hour or odometer schedules.
- Equipment Revenue & Usage Rate Tracking
- Set-up flexible revenue rates – equipment may be charged at hourly, daily, or monthly rate.
- Set-up the usage revenue rates by the classification or piece of equipment.
- Track revenue history by equipment with additional cost details – fuel, depreciation, repairs, etc.
- General Features
- Customise flexible templates which provide automatic uploads from industry standard 3rd-party depreciation packages.
- Seamless integration with Payroll, Purchase Order, Inventory, Job Cost, Job Billing and General Ledger.
- Scheduling and Preventative Maintenance Alerts
- Set-up detailed maintenance schedules for equipment – assists with work order program for complete equipment repair and parts and labour management.
- Define maintenance schedules with detailed listing of maintenance activities, service descriptions, parts required, estimated hours, etc.
- Set-up “auto-use” flag for frequently used parts such as oil, filters, etc.
- Receive automatic alerts for parts or components still on warranty during work order set-up.
- Automatically initialise work orders for maintenance by date, shop equipment, job, etc.
- Close multiple work orders with one action.
- Update meter readings from various operations in the equipment system.
- Enter mechanics’ time to the equipment or component within the equipment by cost item.
- Calculate mechanics’ labor burden on an exact basis or as percentage of labour.
Equipment Management is a key module of fully integrated Viewpoint V6 Software. A software solution designed to reduce costs, streamline workflow and ultimately make every project more profitable.