Even though that you are a tech savvy, there are some things about a computer that you’d just have to deal with and there are times that you just don’t do it in the most efficient way.
For this article, we will be talking about the different information that every computer user should know of to make it fast, safe, and easy to use. This will help you be more efficient in dealing with your computer, and you can help anyone who may require your assistance with their computer.
- Setup a simple backup system – Backing up everything on our computers should be a SOP for many users, but it’s one of those things that we mostly end up procrastinating or even forgetting. Setting up a backup will only take a couple of minutes, and once you do it, you can forget about it until the time comes when you need it. You’ll surely be glad that you backed up your files especially if it’s the important ones.
- Be faster with shortcuts – One of the major advantages of a computer is that it can do things much faster than humans. However, humans can keep up with speed by learning useful shortcuts in a computer. There are several common useful shortcuts that can make your computer usage easier such as saving (ctrl+s), printing (ctrl+p), word find (ctrl+f), and many others. So find out as much as you can, and you will be a master of computer shortcuts in no time.
- Protect your computer from viruses – If your computer has a Windows OS installed on it then you understand the pain that it can get viruses and malware. But the good news for Windows users is that these viruses are easy to avoid and even get rid of. It is ideal that you first know the difference between viruses, trojans, malware, and other infectious programs in a computer. After that, you should install some reputable antivirus software on your computer and it should protect it against infectious threats. This will help protect your computer from potential threats in the future.
- Make you PC crap-free – There are times that your PC becomes full of crappy and unused items thus making it slow over time. Crapware is something that many Windows users are having problems with. But once you have an idea about them as well as having the right tools to take care of it then you can get rid of the crapware situation forever.
- Keep your computer working properly by doing regular maintenance – As years go by, maintaining your computer can get a bit confusing. Cleaning up temporary files, defragging, and other tasks are some of the common maintenance things that you can do to your computer, and it somewhat has gotten similar to that of maintaining a car. It’s a good thing that also in those years, maintaining a computer can get easy just by using some software that will do all the work in just a few clicks.